/ en / Traditional / help

Beats Biblionetz - Texte

Technology is society made durable

Publikationsdatum:
Zu finden in:
Erste Seite des Textes (PDF-Thumbnail)
Diese Seite wurde seit 2 Jahren inhaltlich nicht mehr aktualisiert. Unter Umständen ist sie nicht mehr aktuell.

iconZusammenfassungen

A Sociology of MonstersIs it possible to devise a set of concepts that could replace the technology/society divide? This set of new concepts - association and substitution - might help to rephrase some of the traditional questions of social order and especially that of the durability of domination of power. However, instead of using different tools to analyse power and weakness, it is argued that power and domination are simply different values of variables that should be studied in their whole range. By reconstructing networks it is argued that a full description of power and domination may be obtained.
Von Bruno Latour im Buch A Sociology of Monsters im Text Technology is society made durable (1991)
A Sociology of MonstersFor a long time social theory has been eoneerned with defining power relations (Barnes 1988), but it has always found it difficuIt to see how domination is aehieved. In this paper I argue that in order to understand domination we have to turn away from an excIusive concern with social relations and weave them into a fabric that incIudes non-human actants, actants that offer the possibility of holding society together as a durable whole. To be sure, the distinction between material infrastructure and symbolic superstructure has been useful to remind social theory of the importance of non-humans, but it is a very inaecurate portrayal of their mobilisation and engagement inside the social links. This paper aims to explore another repertoire for studying this process of mobilisation. In the first part, I will use a very simple example to iIIustrate what I believe to be the right focus for detecting the entry point of techniques into the human collective. In the second part, I will analyse the beautiful ease of the Kodak camera studied by R. Jenkins to show how social theory could benefit from history of technology. FinaIly, I will try to explain how stability and domination may be accounted for once non-humans are woven into the social fabric.
Von Bruno Latour im Buch A Sociology of Monsters im Text Technology is society made durable (1991)

iconDieser Text erwähnt ...

Personen
KB IB clear
Bruno Latour

Begriffe
KB IB clear
Kontextcontext , Netzwerknetwork , Soziologiesociology , Technologietechnology
icon
Bücher
Jahr  Umschlag Titel Abrufe IBOBKBLB
1987 Science In Action (Bruno Latour) 31000

iconZitationsgraph

Diese Grafik ist nur im SVG-Format verfügbar. Dieses Format wird vom verwendeteten Browser offenbar nicht unterstützt.

Diese Grafik fensterfüllend anzeigen (SVG)

iconErwähnungen  Dies ist eine nach Erscheinungsjahr geordnete Liste aller im Biblionetz vorhandenen Werke, die das ausgewählte Thema behandeln.

iconVolltext dieses Dokuments

Technology is society made durable: Artikel als Volltext (lokal: PDF, 522 kByte)

iconAnderswo suchen  Auch im Biblionetz finden Sie nicht alles. Aus diesem Grund bietet das Biblionetz bereits ausgefüllte Suchformulare für verschiedene Suchdienste an. Biblionetztreffer werden dabei ausgeschlossen.

iconBeat und dieser Text

Beat hat Dieser Text während seiner Zeit am Institut für Medien und Schule (IMS) ins Biblionetz aufgenommen. Beat besitzt kein physisches, aber ein digitales Exemplar. (das er aber aus Urheberrechtsgründen nicht einfach weitergeben darf). Aufgrund der wenigen Einträge im Biblionetz scheint er es nicht wirklich gelesen zu haben. Es gibt bisher auch nur wenige Objekte im Biblionetz, die dieses Werk zitieren.

iconBiblionetz-History Dies ist eine graphische Darstellung, wann wie viele Verweise von und zu diesem Objekt ins Biblionetz eingetragen wurden und wie oft die Seite abgerufen wurde.