As awareness of computer science education grows in the general public, it is important to showcase computer science education as accessible for all grades K-12 and beyond. As panelists present the projects and research they've been conducting, we will highlight three overarching topics:
- The importance of K-5 computer science education to educators of all grade levels,
- Thoughts on why K-5 has traditionally been less prominent in the computer science education landscape, and
- Strategies on how we, the computer science education community, can promote K-5 computer science education as worthwhile as 6-12+ computer science education.
Barriers to why K-5 computer science education is not as prominent as that in grades 6-12, such as scarcity of wide-spread curriculum or scarcity of research, will lead to panelists presenting how their work is rectifying this imbalance.
This session's panelists are pioneers and important thought leaders in the K-5 computer science education field. Panelists in this session are either producing research in the K-5 computer science education field or working at a large scale to promote or increase participation of K-5 students in computer science.
Dieses Konferenz-Paper erwähnt...
- Proceedings of the 49th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, SIGCSE 2018, Baltimore, MD, USA, February 21-24, 2018 (Tiffany Barnes, Daniel D. Garcia, Elizabeth K. Hawthorne, Manuel A. Pérez-Quiñones) (2018)
- Priming the Pump - Reflections on Training K-5 Teachers in Computer Science (Michele Roberts, Kiki Prottsman, Jeff Gray) (2018)
Volltext dieses Dokuments
|Bringing Grades K-5 to the Mainstream of Computer Science Education: Fulltext at the ACM Digital Library (: , 413 kByte; : 2018-09-11)|
Falls Ihnen diese Seite gefallen hat
Besucher(09.18): 000001 *
Besucher Total : 000023 *
Beats Biblionetz ist Teilnehmer des Partnerprogramms von Amazon Europe S.à.r.l.
Beat Döbeli Honegger ist bei Google+
*(ohne Suchmaschinen und ohne Proxy-Verluste)