/ en / Traditional / help

Beats Biblionetz - Texte

Put Down That Phone And Talk To Me

Mixing Mobile Phones and Relationships
Kate Miltner
Zu finden in: re:publica 2014, 2014
Diese Seite wurde seit 3 Jahren inhaltlich nicht mehr aktualisiert. Unter Umständen ist sie nicht mehr aktuell.

iconVideo

iconZusammenfassungen

re:publica 2014If we believe the media (as well as common wisdom), our mobile phones are ruining our relationships. But is that really the case? This presentation explains new research from the University of Kansas and Microsoft Research which shows that when it comes mobile devices and their impact on our relationships, there’s no need to panic just yet.
Von Kate Miltner an der Veranstaltung re:publica 2014 (2014) im Text Put Down That Phone And Talk To Me
re:publica 2014The media love to tell us that mobile phones are ruining our personal lives and relationships, frequently cataloguing the myriad ways we’re going wrong: texting at the dinner table, leaving the ringer on in the movie theatre, talking loudly about personal issues in a public place, answering calls in the bathroom. Commit any of these infractions, we’re told, and we’re doing serious damage to our important relationships. One study out of Essex University claims that simply beingnear a mobile phone can negatively impact our interactions with others. Fortunately, there’s some hope on the horizon. Despite common perceptions, a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Kansas and Microsoft Research reveals that when it comes to mobile devices and their impact on our relationships, things are not as straightforward—or as dire—as they seem.
Von Kate Miltner an der Veranstaltung re:publica 2014 (2014) im Text Put Down That Phone And Talk To Me

iconDieses Video erwähnt ...

Fragen
KB IB clear
Macht das Internet einsam?

Begriffe
KB IB clear
Mobiltelefonmobile phone

iconVolltext dieses Dokuments

Auf dem WWW Put Down That Phone And Talk To Me: Artikel als Volltext ( WWW: Link OK 2021-03-21)
Auf dem WWW Put Down That Phone And Talk To Me: Videoaufzeichnung des Vortrags (lokal: 65364 kByte; WWW: Link OK 2021-03-21)

iconAnderswo suchen  Auch im Biblionetz finden Sie nicht alles. Aus diesem Grund bietet das Biblionetz bereits ausgefüllte Suchformulare für verschiedene Suchdienste an. Biblionetztreffer werden dabei ausgeschlossen.

iconBeat und dieses Video

Beat hat Dieses Video während seiner Zeit am Institut für Medien und Schule (IMS) ins Biblionetz aufgenommen. Beat besitzt kein physisches, aber ein digitales Exemplar. Eine digitale Version ist auf dem Internet verfügbar (s.o.). Aufgrund der wenigen Einträge im Biblionetz scheint er es nicht wirklich gelesen zu haben. Es gibt bisher auch nur wenige Objekte im Biblionetz, die dieses Werk zitieren.

iconBiblionetz-History Dies ist eine graphische Darstellung, wann wie viele Verweise von und zu diesem Objekt ins Biblionetz eingetragen wurden und wie oft die Seite abgerufen wurde.