/ en / Traditional / help

Beats Biblionetz - Texte

Toward a Design Theory of Problem Solving

Erstpublikation in: Educational Technology: Research and Development 48(4), 63-85
Publikationsdatum:
Erste Seite des Textes (PDF-Thumbnail)

iconZusammenfassungen

David H. JonassenIn this article, I have defined problems and articulated variations in the nature of problems and problem representations. I have also briefly described individual differences that affect the nature of problem-solving activities. Finally, I have described a typology (and to a lesser degree, a taxonomy) of problems, including logical problems, algorithmic problems, story problems, rule-using problems, decision making, troubleshooting, diagnosis-solution problems, strategic performance, case analysis problems, design problems, dilemmas, and metaproblems.
Von David H. Jonassen im Text Toward a Design Theory of Problem Solving (2000)
David H. JonassenProblem solving is generally regarded as the most important cognitive activity in everyday and professional contexts. Most people are required and rewarded for solving problems. However, learning to solve problems is too seldom required in formal educational settings, in part, because our understanding of its processes is limited. Instructional-design research and theory has devoted too little attention to the study of problem-solving processes or methods and models for supporting problem-solving learning. In this article, I describe differences among problems in terms of their structuredness, complexity, and domain specificity (abstractness). Then, I briefly describe a variety of individual differences (factors internal to the problem solver) that affect problem solving. Finally, I articulate a typology of problems, each type of which engages different cognitive, affective, and conative processes and therefore necessitates different instructional support. The purpose of this paper is to propose a meta-theory of problem solving in order to initiate dialogue and research rather than offering a definitive answer regarding its processes.

iconBemerkungen

Beats BibliothekarLeider ist die ursprünglich im Biblionetz erfasste URL eines Volltextes seit mehr als sechs Monaten nicht mehr gültig (Fehlermeldung 404) und wurde deshalb gelöscht. Es ist mir nicht bekannt, ob das Dokument unter einer anderen Adresse noch frei auf dem Internet verfügbar ist.
Von Beats Bibliothekar, erfasst im Biblionetz am 29.07.2006
David H. JonassenThis paper represents an effort to introduce issues and concerns related to problem solving to the instructional design community. I do not presume that the community is ignorant of problem solving or its literature, only that too little effort has been expended by the field in articulating design models for problem solving. There are many reasons for that state of affairs. The curse of any introductory paper is the lack of depth in the treatment of these issues. To explicate each of the issues raised in this paper would require a book (which is forthcoming), which makes it unpublishable in a journal. My purpose here is to introduce these issues in order to stimulate discussion, research, and development of problem-solving instruction that will help us to articulate better design models.

iconDieser Text erwähnt ...

Personen
KB IB clear
Alan Newell, Herbert Simon

Begriffe
KB IB clear
algorithmic problemalgorithmic problem, Algorithmusalgorithm, case analysis problemcase analysis problem, Computerspielecomputer game, decision making problemdecision making problem, Denkenthinking, designs problemdesigns problem, diagnosis-solution problemdiagnosis-solution problem, Dilemma, General Problem Solver (GPS)General Problem Solver, Komplexitätcomplexity, Lernenlearning, logical problemlogical problem, Logiklogic, Metakognitionmetacognition, Motivationmotivation, Problemproblem, Repräsentationrepresentation, rule-using problemrule-using problem, Selbstwirksamkeitself efficacy, Soziales Dilemma, story problemstory problem, strategic performance problemstrategic performance problem, Strukturstructure, troubleshooting problemtroubleshooting problem
icon
Bücher
Jahr  Umschlag Titel Abrufe IBOBKBLB
1972 Human Problem Solving Personenreihenfolge alphabetisch und evtl. nicht korrekt (Alan Newell, Herbert Simon) 32000

iconTagcloud

iconZitationsgraph

Diese Grafik ist nur im SVG-Format verfügbar. Dieses Format wird vom verwendeteten Browser offenbar nicht unterstützt.

Diese Grafik fensterfüllend anzeigen (SVG)

iconZeitleiste

icon14 Erwähnungen  Dies ist eine nach Erscheinungsjahr geordnete Liste aller im Biblionetz vorhandenen Werke, die das ausgewählte Thema behandeln.

iconVolltext dieses Dokuments

Toward a Design Theory of Problem Solving: Artikel als Volltext (lokal: PDF, 103 kByte)

iconAnderswo suchen  Auch im Biblionetz finden Sie nicht alles. Aus diesem Grund bietet das Biblionetz bereits ausgefüllte Suchformulare für verschiedene Suchdienste an. Biblionetztreffer werden dabei ausgeschlossen.

iconBeat und dieser Text

Beat war Co-Leiter des ICT-Kompetenzzentrums TOP während er Dieser Text ins Biblionetz aufgenommen hat. Die bisher letzte Bearbeitung erfolgte während seiner Zeit am Institut für Medien und Schule. Beat besitzt kein physisches, aber ein digitales Exemplar. (das er aber aus Urheberrechtsgründen nicht einfach weitergeben darf).

iconBiblionetz-History Dies ist eine graphische Darstellung, wann wie viele Verweise von und zu diesem Objekt ins Biblionetz eingetragen wurden und wie oft die Seite abgerufen wurde.