/ en / Traditional / help

Beats Biblionetz - Texte

The Language Shift

a mechanism for triggering metacognitive activities
Erstpublikation in: in P. WINNE and M. JONES (Eds)(1992). Adaptive Learning Envirtonments
Publikationsdatum:
Erste Seite des Textes (PDF-Thumbnail)
Diese Seite wurde seit 1 Jahr inhaltlich nicht mehr aktualisiert. Unter Umständen ist sie nicht mehr aktuell.

iconZusammenfassungen

Pierre DillenbourgThis chapter presents a metaphor for designing educational computing systems (ECSs) that progressively transfer to the learner an increasing amount of control in the problem solving process. The continuous variation of learner's control is segmented in a few levels. The transition from some level i to the next higher level i+1 results from the internalization of the concepts necessary to control the activities at level i. The use of reflection tools is proposed for supporting the internalization process. These reflection tools reify the control features of the learner's activities, i.e. they make concrete some abstract features of her behaviour. The next level is reached when the learner is able to use aspects refied at level i to interact with the system at level i+1. A same control concept is hence used firstly as a description language (by the system) at some level i and then as a command language (by the learner) at the level i+1. This language shift mechanism elevates the learner's level of control and her level of abstraction. It is described by analogy with an elevator that would move inside a pyramid. A floor of the pyramid corresponds to some control level. We use a formal notation to look inside the language shift mechanism and relate it to various psychological theories and current ECSs.
Von Pierre Dillenbourg im Text The Language Shift (1992)

iconDieser Text erwähnt ...

Begriffe
KB IB clear
Metakognitionmetacognition, microworldmicroworld, Zone of Proximal Development

iconVolltext dieses Dokuments

Auf dem WWW The Language Shift: Artikel als Volltext (lokal: PDF, 79 kByte; WWW: Link OK 2021-03-21)

iconAnderswo suchen  Auch im Biblionetz finden Sie nicht alles. Aus diesem Grund bietet das Biblionetz bereits ausgefüllte Suchformulare für verschiedene Suchdienste an. Biblionetztreffer werden dabei ausgeschlossen.

iconBeat und dieser Text

Beat war Co-Leiter des ICT-Kompetenzzentrums TOP während er Dieser Text ins Biblionetz aufgenommen hat. Die bisher letzte Bearbeitung erfolgte während seiner Zeit am Institut für Medien und Schule. Beat besitzt kein physisches, aber ein digitales Exemplar. Eine digitale Version ist auf dem Internet verfügbar (s.o.). Aufgrund der wenigen Einträge im Biblionetz scheint er es nicht wirklich gelesen zu haben. Es gibt bisher auch nur wenige Objekte im Biblionetz, die dieses Werk zitieren.

iconBiblionetz-History Dies ist eine graphische Darstellung, wann wie viele Verweise von und zu diesem Objekt ins Biblionetz eingetragen wurden und wie oft die Seite abgerufen wurde.